Building up lifestyle.cool  

jwpapi91
 jwpapi91
@jwpapi91

This is Julian, I'm gonna document the production of lifestyle.cool here.

ReplyQuote
05/09/2019 2:11 am
jwpapi91
 jwpapi91
@jwpapi91

This is my first real post:

Fitness:

96.6 kg this is the lowest I had this summer, but still far away from what my goal is. 85kg depleted. That was where I had a really good form. However I am having a good routine right now and I really want to stick to it and not get distracted. The diet worked before, but too slow. Too many exceptions, too many distractions. I'm also hitting the gym regularly which should especially with my muscle memory help me to improve my physique. My current plan is the beginner plan of Frank Taeger a quite famous german fitness and nutrition scientist who has a 700 page book about fitness:

https://franktaeger.com

And yes even though I worked out for long periods in my life the beginner plan is what I need right now. It just has a big effect on the body and can help me to get back to my old records. And if I learnt one thing from my fitness journey is that it is most of the time better to go for the less advanced routine and to increase weights smaller. This helps the motivation and so the adversity, but also most of the time we are cognitive biased and assume we are better than we are. Bad Form will give us less progress. KISS Principle keep it as simple as possible.

My Workout Plan is:

Day A

3x5 Squats

3x5 Bench Press

3x5 T-Bar Row

3xmax Chinups

2x10 Triceps Cable Pushdowns

Day B

3x5 Squats

3x5 Military Press

1x5 Deadlift

3xmax Dips

3x10 Bizeps Curl

Simple and useful. You move a lot of weight and it will trigger a lot of responses by your body, with improving I will move into the suggested further programs.

lifestyle.cool

Yesterday I added and designed the forum and the consultation section. Today my 2 MIT (Most Important Tasks) are Mobile Optimization and the About US Page, then we'll see from there. I just read the 22 principles and one thing I really liked was the MIT part. I think it is way better to focus on 1 -3 tasks that have to be done on one day no matter what. Often it keeps you going, but even if not. I'm quite confident doing the most important task every single day will bring you far.

Misc

I just bought this keyboard:

Thinkpad Keyboard

And I'm a big big fan. The nipple in the middle is such a productivity tool. It is so much faster to keep your hands on the keyboard at all time. Trust me you don't want to use a mouse again, especially if you are savvy with shortcuts.

Too much to say on the first post. However ton increase adherence I'll stop it now so I have a lot to talk about in the upcoming days.

ReplyQuote
05/09/2019 5:53 pm
jwpapi91
 jwpapi91
@jwpapi91

98 kg.  Standard fluctuation. Thats why you aim for 3 day averages or weekly averages. I was definitely in a deficit yesterday. I ate slightly later and slept a little bit less. Sleeping less is 6 hours again for me. I don't have that big of a problem with sleeping 6 hours. When you get older you tend to sleep less. However that the light comes up at this time migh be another factor. I'm gonna buy some black off curtains again so I will have complete darkness again. I also have this manta sleep mask and right now I have a scratch in my eye (nothing too bad apparently), but I don't want to wear it at the moment.

lifestyle.cool

I have done the tasks of yesterday, the about us page is done and most of the site is mobile optimized. There are still a lot of small tweaks that needs to be done, but this will not the factor if this project works or not. We should move into content production. However my hair just got straightened and I cant wear contact lenses at the moment so I will use this time to finalize the website.

MIT 

- Make Forum better readable

- Make the form working

- Add Log CTA to Frontpage

ReplyQuote
06/09/2019 4:48 pm
jwpapi91
 jwpapi91
@jwpapi91

+1/96.6kg

Back on record, hopefully we crack a new one tomorrow. I want to really count my calories more exactly now, so I can better estimate my maintenance calories and even more important I can count calories down to my next goal which is 95kg. Today I can finally sweat again in the evening after I got my hair straightened lol. Will hit the Tennis Court today.

MIT

Record 1 Video

It doesn't matter how good, if we will use it or not. I have to record one video today. I only have this single task today, because it is so important and we moved the task round quite a bit. I still can do other tasks but concept of MIT is that the the MIT's have to be done. This is the Holy Rule. If we would have a Freedom Lifestyle book this would be the holy Rule #1 !

Other Tasks

I'm currently bothering if I want to use Trello or Google Tasks as main task management tool. I really like Google, because it's neatly integrated in mail and calender, however at Trello I can collaborate better and it is better if you have a lot of Tasks. I think I will use Trello and only put the MIT into Google Tasks additionally (for now).

EDIT: I hope you like the new forum design.

ReplyQuote
07/09/2019 6:03 pm
jwpapi91
 jwpapi91
@jwpapi91

96.4 kg 

Today is a sunday, so I'm gonna go a bit slow. I will visit a chess meetup later and when coming back I want to record 1 video and then we gonna play Tennis this is the play of the day. Rest I do whatever I like, tomorrow hustle mode full. Quite happy I'm on a new record. Diet works obviously. 1.4kg to 95kg. I do not feel like I'm seeing changes yet, but eventually it will come up. I was at 105kg, so it is quite a bit lost already.

Yesterday I made my room quite dark and it is very dark. However not at 100%. I'm so sensitive it's crazy I woke again up at 7:30 when the sun came out. Not sure if its rhythm or the sunlight. I want to  get it to 100% though. A very dark room really improves your sleep. It is very underrated. It gives you more energy, better rest and everything else 😉

ReplyQuote
08/09/2019 7:24 pm
jwpapi91
 jwpapi91
@jwpapi91

96kg

I want to introduce a daily rating that I learnt from Propane Fitness

Everyone likes keeping score don’t they! We’ve all felt the sense of achievement when we
win a board game with family and friends or when our favourite team wins.
Nutrition and diet tracking is no different!
We advise that you set up a list of things you need to do every day to reach your target
rate of weight loss or your goal in general, arranging them in order of importance.
You may decide, for example, that including all of the lifestyle and dietary factors, you
have 10 checkboxes to tick each day to ensure you’re on track.
Now, you simply score yourself each day depending on how many boxes you tick. I like to
work in quarters.
< ¼ tasks complete: -2 score
¼ - ½ complete: -1 score
½ - ¾ : + 1 score
3/4 – all: +2 score
The goal?
Each day aim for maximum points and each week, aim to beat your previous weekly total.
When you start regularly hitting +2s and 14 points across the week you can start to be a
little adventurous and add more tasks per day. 

ReplyQuote
09/09/2019 7:34 pm
jwpapi91
 jwpapi91
@jwpapi91

Everyone likes keeping score don’t they! We’ve all felt the sense of achievement when we
win a board game with family and friends or when our favourite team wins.
Nutrition and diet tracking is no different!
We advise that you set up a list of things you need to do every day to reach your target
rate of weight loss or your goal in general, arranging them in order of importance.
You may decide, for example, that including all of the lifestyle and dietary factors, you
have 10 checkboxes to tick each day to ensure you’re on track.
Now, you simply score yourself each day depending on how many boxes you tick. I like to
work in quarters.
< ¼ tasks complete: -2 score
¼ - ½ complete: -1 score
½ - ¾ : + 1 score
3/4 – all: +2 score
The goal?
Each day aim for maximum points and each week, aim to beat your previous weekly total.
When you start regularly hitting +2s and 14 points across the week you can start to be a
little adventurous and add more tasks per day. 

I want to introduce this part of PropaneFitness and keep track of how  made days were additionally with my weight:

96kg - +1

Yesterday I unfortunately I didn't do any sports, because we were to late. However I recorded a video which I rate very high and I was strict with my diet. 1 more week and I should reach 95kg the next step goal. I felt that fat got off of my arms and upper area. Next hopefull I get leaner around the waist. Ideally I would measure myself. Also had a very nice sleep last night. The darkening helped definitely to sleep longer and better.

MIT

Record a Video

Make the Blueprint page Mobile Friendly

Today is gonna be another workout day. Already pumped for it. It feels good to get more fit everyday.

ReplyQuote
09/09/2019 7:43 pm
jwpapi91
 jwpapi91
@jwpapi91

+1.5 / 94.9kg Holy Shit. We played Tennis yesterday, which probably played a big part to that massive loss. So I assume it will slow down now a bit. However still makes me happy. Today I'm excited about my workout. We have also done our videos yesterday and we slightly getting better in production. It's 1 video a day till consti leaves. As soon as it is a habit, we'll add additional tasks. I really like to setup routines for business. This helps also to make it reproducible and it helps also to be productive. Nobody is crazy hard motivated everyday. I have seen a lot of other approaches but it never work. For live, work and sport, you need routines and habits to become extraordinary. Those small steps will accumulate to big stuff.

MIT:

1 Video Recording

Log CTA on Frontpage of Lifestyle.cool so maybe we get some more users in here 🙂

ReplyQuote
10/09/2019 6:44 pm
jwpapi91
 jwpapi91
@jwpapi91

I'm not gonna post the day anymore, since the Forum counts anyway..

94.8kg / +1 

had a long sleep though, the higher the calorie restriction the longer I need to sleep. I think that was about 9h. A little bit annoying since I don't like to sleep as much, however rest is most important right now.

lifestyle.cool Changes:

Somehow my last post didn't post appropriately. I have changed the forum a bit. I made it smaller, so it is less characters per line, which makes it easier to read, but even now it is probably too much for ideal readability. Maybe I will it make it even smaller later. I also added some minimalist formation options, to design posts slightly more beautiful, overall I aim for a distraction-free reading and writing experience. I need to change template files still to remove the () around the author name. But yh its a work in progress.

Meditation:

I meditated for the first time for a while now. Was really enjoyable and not bothering anymore. I have meditated a lot though in my life and I suggest it to everyone. Even when you once did it in life it will help you forever.

MITs:

- Record another Video (obv)

- Improve Forum (already done)

I have a very nice feature I would like to have, it is the select to format text, so basically you remove the top bar and have the format options when you select your own text. Haven't found a solution for that yet.

ReplyQuote
11/09/2019 5:59 pm
jwpapi91
 jwpapi91
@jwpapi91

Quite a late post today, but I was working on the forum the whole morning especially on the reply box. Unfortunately I couldn't achieve what I wanted to, but it should be even cleaner. I really like the forum more and more even just a writing experience for me. I still have some small tweaks I can do and a couple of wishes that I want to have. But I'm not quite sure how to implement it.

95.1kg / +1 .

I don't know why but I had a very bad sleep like felt asleep 3am and woke up at 9. Should definitely sleep more with this diet. Probably should drink my caffeine not so late anymore. 

Tomorrow it will be one day off of sport. I need the recovery I can feel it.

I want to calculate my 1RM real quick though. 

Squat 105kg => 105/95 = 1,10x

Bench Press => 105/95 = 1.10x

Deadlift => 122,5/95 => 1,29x

I'm not at max max with these weights I could do right now and quite far from my records. But thats what I'm training with right now, so that's how I create my trainingplan.

With those values I can definitely still do his beginner plan with progression every workout (if I wouldn't do a diet, however I have muscle memory so).  I'm loosing weight and I can still progress the x values should easily be better soon.

One of my biggest leaks right now is mobility. For tomorrow I will look for an easy mobility workout that I can do a couple of times per week or as a warm-up. I hate to do it and I'm not good it at it, but it probably helps me the most.

MIT

Improve Forum (Done already)

Record a Video  🙂

ReplyQuote
13/09/2019 3:37 am
jwpapi91
 jwpapi91
@jwpapi91

94.8kg /+0.5

I had a bad sleep again, but at least I found out why. The night light at my bed laptop didn't work anymore. Since I'm really light sensitive this kept me up for a bit. I couldn't even fix it, but I downloaded FLUX as alternative, put on super low Kelvin started scorpion and fell asleep in 10 minutes. Good thing is that I saw that FLUX is way stronger than the windows Night Light and I understood also by reading their doc that it helps more the lower the Kelvin are (the more read it is), while blue light keep you up. I knew it before, just a little bit more in detail and more is better here.

I received the source code for the nights.cool app now from the freelancers. Unfortunately its in Java and SWIFT, 2 languages I haven't worked with, but I'm confident I'll get it and learn something new. I think in a software company as user you have to understand code at least a bit. I know its hard for people who have never coded, but at the same time its not that hard to understand coding basics. I'm not super fit also, but lets see how it goes. 

ReplyQuote
13/09/2019 9:12 pm
jwpapi91
 jwpapi91
@jwpapi91

NOT gonna miss my post today. The Success shall be documented. 95.1kg this morning. Probably because I ate more salt and drank more diary, which causes apparently to hold more water. I want to slightly decrease the milk intake (drink my shake with 300ml instead of 500ml etc) and less cottage cheese. Not gonna lie to see another record is a big motivation.

I finally got the nights.cool Source Files and I already got it running in Android Studio, did a successful text change and was able to run it on my phone. Now I'm working on doing the same thing for iOS. I have the Mac already setup and Xcode installed, lets see If I'm gonna compile the app again then.

Roadmap:

- Compile App and run on Test Phone (MIT)

- Compile App in Production Format and send to App Store

- Add a couple of Events so it will look full for Apple

- Code the feature of recurring events.

Let's go

ReplyQuote
15/09/2019 2:13 am
jwpapi91
 jwpapi91
@jwpapi91

95kg again :/

However I read into it a bit and I'm pretty confident the reason that I didn't loose the last couple of days is my increased sodium(salt) intake, which leads me to carry more water weight. Also maybe I was a bit too low on protein the days before so maybe my body uses the protein to save my muscles, I still feel I'm loosing body weight. In general the advice is to not worry too much about the daily fluctuation. And more of like 3 days avg. 

I got a little bit further with the iOS App, but unfortunately couldn't get it work on an iPhone I'll try to run it on an emulator. However I found a way to drastically improve the speed of my virtual machine (I'm running it on an SSD) I now need to get my keyboard layout up there, then it should be at least decent comfortable to work/debug on there. Also I have to press the windows key as an apple key on my laptop and not my external keyboard. Maybe there is a way too. Additionally lol I need to check why I only have 16 GB RAM. I was thinking I had once upgraded to 32. If not I'll upgrade.

ReplyQuote
15/09/2019 5:54 pm
jwpapi91
 jwpapi91
@jwpapi91

94.8 kg, quite stagnating. I talked to my friends of a group called "One Percent". They are all very good with fitness and they first said I shouldn't be too worried. It can take time to actually loose the weight on the scale. I shall just trust the process. I could either use other measurement tools, like waist circumference or I just stay strong. Nevertheless I could optimize my diet a bit. NO MORE MILK. Some Supplements like Magnesium Calcium and Multi Vitamin. All in all its fine. I had a very nice Tennis Session with Consti and all in all feeling good. Started to stretch a bit more. And yeah of course tons of stuff to improve, but one after the other :). This morning I was overwhelmed by too many decisions.

ReplyQuote
17/09/2019 5:59 am
jwpapi91
 jwpapi91
@jwpapi91

New Strength Standards:

Shoulder Press = 64/90 = 0.711
Squat = 131.25/90  = 1.458
Deadlift =  140/90 = 1.55
Bench Press = 1.264

ReplyQuote
14/10/2019 6:51 pm